During Vincent's 15-month battle, we saw firsthand the various needs of families who found themselves struggling with mounting medical costs, the lack of progress in medical research and an overall lack of awareness of the increasing prevalence of brain tumor diagnoses. Through the Vincent "Strong" Foundation, we strive to honor Vincent's memory and the brave battle he and so many others have fought by bringing much needed assistance to children battling this disease while fighting for progress in the area of medical research and promoting awareness.
Children and their families who are fighting brain tumors need our help. Numerous costs, many of which are not covered by insurance, can accompany a brain tumor diagnosis. Making things tougher, many caregivers must stop working to care for their child. Your thoughtful donation will help us further our objective of assisting these families manage their expenses so they can focus on fighting the brain tumor.
* that more than 66,000 people are expected to be diagnosed with a brain tumor this year?
* that more than 600,000 people are currently living with a central nervous system or primary brain tumor?
* that brain tumors are the 2nd leading cause of cancer deaths in children?
* that more than 3,400 children are expected to be diagnosed with a brain tumor this year?
* that there are more than 120 types of brain tumors?
Source: Central Brain Tumor Registry of the United States, 2014, www.cbtrus.org.
FOR BRAIN TUMORS
As part of the Foundation's mission, we will strive to identify physicians and scientists who can benefit from funding which will help to accelerate brain tumor therapies and eventually a CURE.